OBJECTIVE: I am looking to continue my career with a business that will utilize my administrative, communication, marketing, and customer service skills to benefit growth and success.
Graduation Assistant at Arkansas State University in Jonesboro, AR (6/15-Present)
- Responsible for coding students who file an intent to graduate each semester
- Must have open communication with students, advisors, and other faculty members, in order to work through any issues that could prevent a student from being awarded the degree applied for
- Dealing with student confidentiality on a daily basis
- Answering telephone calls, and returning voicemails and emails in a timely manner
- Processing replacement diplomas
- Keeping up with, and ordering, graduation supplies
- Mailing requested documents
- Continuously filing documentation under appropriate student’s identification number
- Troubleshooting student issues in Banner
- Helping coordinate each commencement ceremony
Local Office Administrative Assistant at Department of Human Services in Jonesboro, AR (7/14-6/15)
- Responsible for taking, and processing client information, and directing that information to the appropriate caseworker/supervisor
- Dealing with client confidentiality on a daily basis
- Responsible for letting caseworkers know that clients are present for appointments in a timely manner
- Scheduling initial and recertification appointments
Lifestyles Editor/Display Advertising at The Hobart Democrat-Chief in Hobart, OK (7/08-6/14)
- Responsible for all lifestyles content on a weekly basis, including, but not limited to, coming up with ideas, gathering and producing content by publication deadline
- Assisting editor with layout
- Daily customer service
- Receiving/recording money taken in over the counter, as well as by mail, and processing credit card payments
- Creating print advertisements for various businesses, events, etc.
- Answering telephone calls, and directing those calls to the appropriate employee
- Scheduling, and conducting, interviews, photography, and meetings
Arkansas State University in Jonesboro, AR (2016-Present)
I am currently enrolled part-time in a degree program to earn a Bachelor of Science in Strategic Communication with an emphasis in Advertising, and a minor in Marketing.
Western Oklahoma State College in Altus, OK (2006-2008)
I acquired an Associate of Science in Business Administration and earned the Magna Cum Laude ranking with a 3.84 GPA. During my time there, I was also recognized as a member of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.